Fall 2023 - Beginner Handbuilding for Adults (Wednesday Evenings)
Time: Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 9:30pm
Start Date: Wednesday October 11th
Teacher: Theresa Gilhuly
Class size: Minimum 6 students, maximum 8 students
Class Description: Through this in-person class at the Waterloo Potter's Workshop, students will learn the basics of hand-building, including pinch pots, coil, slab, slump and hump molds, and joining. Students will also start exploring surface design through texture and glazing.
Course includes 6 weeks of making, one week off for firing, then 1 class for glazing and 1 class to pick up and review your work.
- Wednesday October 11th (making)
- Wednesday October 18th (making)
- Wednesday October 25th (making)
- Wednesday November 1st (making)
- Wednesday November 8th (making)
- Wednesday November 15th (making)
- Week off for firing
- Wednesday November 29th (glazing)
- Wednesday December 6th (pickup & review)
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations are subject to a $25 service fee. Any cancellation later than 1 week before the course start date will not be refunded, unless the spot can be filled before the first class. Missed classes will not be rescheduled or refunded. Please note that there are no makeup sessions for missed classes.