Winter 2024 - Beginner Handbuilding for Adults (Wednesday Evenings)
Time: Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 9:30pm
Start Date: Wednesday January 10th
Teacher: Theresa Gilhuly
Class size: Minimum 6 students, maximum 8 students
Class Description: Through this in-person class at the Waterloo Potter's Workshop, students will learn the basics of hand-building, including pinch pots, coil, slab, slump and hump molds, and joining. Students will also start exploring surface design through texture and glazing.
Course includes 6 weeks of making, one week off for firing, then 1 class for glazing and 1 class to pick up and review your work.
- Wednesday January 10th (making)
- Wednesday January 17th (making)
- Wednesday January 24th (making)
- Wednesday January 31st (making)
- Wednesday February 7th (making)
- Wednesday February 14th (making)
- Week off for firing
- Wednesday February 28th (glazing)
- Wednesday March 6th (pickup & review)
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations are subject to a $25 service fee. Any cancellation later than 1 week before the course start date will not be refunded, unless the spot can be filled before the first class. Missed classes will not be rescheduled or refunded. Please note that there are no makeup sessions for missed classes.